AT A GLANCE...
NEW SCHEMES TO BE TAKEN UP IN NEXT 5 YEARS
1) Assam Investment Development Corporation will be established.
2) In order to improve the standard of living of the people, effort to increase the per capita income from Rs 29,305/- to the national level of Rs 43,749/- , will continue.
3) Appointment in the vacant Government posts will be completed. Employment avenues will be created in new sectors.
4) The problems raised by the employees will be solved through discussions.
5) Steps will be taken up to regularize the services of the casual and work charge employees
6) The implementation of schemes launched by the Congress Government such as will continue.
7) The Congress Government will implement a special package of Rs.1000 crore in next five years for all-round development of the Barak Valley districts.
8) A special package of Rs. 200 crore will be implemented for the development of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
9) Step will be taken up for development of the most backward areas after proper identification of undeveloped blocks.
1) In the next 5 years, more than one lakh youth willl be absorbed in the education sector.
2) Steps will be taken to provincialise the rural venture schools established prior to 2006 and which have received monthly grants-in-aid on the basis of the recommendations of the Special Core Group of the Council of Ministers. At the same time, the monthly grants-in-aid will be enhanced and teachers of the venture schools will be given fixed pay till provincialisation in a phased manner.
3) A high-level Knowledge Commission and State Education Commission will be set up.
4) Corpus fund will be created to provide financial aid to the meritorious students for higher education.
5) New engineering colleges will be set up at Golaghat, Dhemaji, Bongaigaon, Karimganj, Kokrajhar, Nagaon and Diphu.
6) Two free sets of uniform will be provided to all students up to seventh standard.
7) Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit and Ancient Language Studies University will be set up at Nalbari.
8) All educational institutions of the State will be covered by the Rajiv Gandhi Computer Literacy Scheme.
9) More financial aid will be provided for the development of the Madrasa educational institutions and a Minority Education Council will be set up.
10) Special incentive fund will be provided to the educational institutions which perform outstandingly in examinations.