COMMITTED, EFFICIENT, TRANSPARENT, RESPONSIVE & CORRUPT-FREE ADMINISTRATION
Reforms will be carried out in a big way to tone up the administrative machinery to make it more efficient, transparent, responsive, committed and corrupt-free. Since its birth, the Indian National Congress has been carrying out an uncompromising struggle against injustice and corruption in all spheres. An honest and transparent administration is the key to successful implementation of various Government schemes and proper utilization of Government funds. Therefore, the Congress Party is committed to provide honest and transparent administration.
- The efficiency of Government administration will be increased through e-governance;
- Four new Services will be created to increase the efficiency of the administration which are:
a) Assam Rural Service
b) Assam Economic Service
c) Assam Revenue Service
d) Assam Information Service
- · Strict steps will be taken to ensure immediate solution to the problems of the people and evolving of strategy for a clean, transparent and committed administrative system which is the main principle of good governance. Ways and means will be found out to simplify the age-old complex processes of administration;
- Special steps will be taken up to make the administration more vigilant and committed in order to serve the people better with a two-pronged attack on corruption and nepotism. A series of bold steps will be taken up in order to make the administrative machinery responsive.
- An Accountability Commission headed by Retd. Judge of Supreme Court or High Court would be set up to ensure accountability in the administrative machinery and service delivery to the people.
- The existing vigilance system will be revamped in a big way. For quick disposal of cases, a Special Court will be established under this.
- Apart from the Chief Vigilance Commissioner, additional Vigilance Commissioners will be appointed to strengthen the vigilance machinery against corruption. Four Zonal Vigilance Commissioners will also be appointed.
- The institution of Lokayuktya will be strengthened.
- Social audit of schemes and programmes will be carried out in presence of NGOs and reputed personalities from the society.